Field specific doctoral level course (1 ECT - 5 ECTS)
Intervention research (5 ECTS)
- Time: 13.4.–14.4.2023
- Place: University of Oulu, Research Unit of Health Sciences and Technology, Aapistie 5A, H1091
- Course leader: Professor Tarja Pölkki, University of Oulu
- Course coordinator: Mariaana Mäki-Asiala, University of Oulu
- Teachers: Professor Sascha Köpke (University of Cologne, Germany), Associate Professor Anna Axelin, Dr. Anni Pakarinen (University of Turku), Professor Jouko Miettunen, Docent Outi Aikio, Dr. Anne Oikarinen, Dr. Arja Rantala (University of Oulu)
- Learning outcomes: After completion of the course, a student will be able to explain the meaning of developing complex interventions, and will gain competence on describing and evaluating the process of complex intervention development (i.e. planning, piloting, evaluation, and implementing of intervention). Additionally, a student will learn to critically evaluate complex interventions, and to assess the external and internal validity of intervention studies.
- Credits: 5 ECTS for doctoral researchers in nursing science and health management (including lectures and independent work) - 1 ECT for other doctoral researchers (including lectures)
- Learning methods: Lectures and independent work
- Language: English
- Literature: Current research and scientific articles in health sciences and lecture materials
- Assessment: Independent orientation, active participation in lectures (13.4.– 14.4.2023) and independent work (deadline 12.5.2023).
- Registration to the course (until 30.3.2023): https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/8082B188897743EB
- Before registration, please note this: Data privacy notice of the University of Oulu | University of Oulu
- Questions regarding registration: course coordinator Mariaana Mäki-Asiala (Mariaana.Maki-Asiala@oulu.fi
- Independent orientation: Orientate yourself by reading the preliminary literature before contact teaching sessions. List of preliminary literature can be found in below.