Call for working grant applications for finalizing doctoral thesis 2023
University of Oulu Graduate School announces a call for personal working grants for finalizing doctoral thesis to pre-examination. The grants are available for doctoral researchers, who have active doctoral study rights at the University of Oulu and who are at the final stage of their doctoral training. The grant is meant for full-time working for consecutive 1-2 months (corresponding grant will be 2150-4300 euros). Working period should be during 1.6.2023-30.9.2023. The grant can be used in single working period or divided into multiple working periods.
- Funding is targeted for doctoral researchers who are preparing their thesis for pre-examination and are aiming to defend their thesis by 8.12.2023.
- The final follow-up group meeting should be completed before submitting the application.
- Grant recipients are required to be on leave from any salary work during the granted period.
- Applicant must have active doctoral study right at the University of Oulu.
- If you have been working on a four-year salary-based doctoral student position at the University of Oulu, you are not entitled for this grant.
- If you have previously received grant(s) for finalizing doctoral thesis, you are not eligible to apply.
How to apply
- Please fill in the application form in Webropol.
- Add required attachments to the application:
1. Motivation letter
2. Signed letter of support from the principal supervisor (on their view of the state of your project)
Submission of applications latest on 28.5.2023.
- If you have received other grants this year, you may need to apply for the MYEL insurance or extend the insurance period (see https://www.mela.fi/en/grant-and-scholarship-recipients/).
- Take also into account possible tax payment requirements (see https://www.vero.fi/en/individuals/tax-cards-and-tax-returns/income/earned-income/grants/).
- If you are an employee of the University of Oulu, please check carefully the guidelines in Patio (see https://patio.oulu.fi/en/services-and-instructions/personnel/salaries-and-fees/grant-researchers).
- Grant recipients are requested to submit a report of their dissertation status after the granted period.
Application and evaluation process
The applications will be evaluated. The University of Oulu Graduate School reserves the right to request additional information from the research unit/faculty. Decisions will be made by the University of Oulu Graduate School. All applicants will be informed of the selection by e-mail. Grant recipients will be announced on UniOGS website after the decision.
For further information, please contact UniOGS coordinators (uniogs(at)oulu.fi):
APPLY FOR WORKING GRANT BY FILLING THE APPLICATION FORM IN WEBROPOL.