Cloth face masks for first year students
University will deliver cloth face masks for 1st year students (students started fall 2020), 2 pcs/students. For more information, see details below.
University will deliver cloth face masks for 1st year students (students started fall 2020), 2 pcs/students. You can pick up your cloth face masks from Compass service point:
- Faculty of Science (FSci):
- Tuesday 20.10. klo 9-12
- Thursday 29.10. klo 9-12
- Faculty of Technology (FTech):
- Tuesday 20.10. klo 12-15
- Thursday 29.10. klo 12-15
We will organize more deliver dates (if needed) and let you know the next deliver dates later. Please, notice that the maximum amount the persons allowed at same time in Compass lobby is 6 persons. Moreover, we recommend a face mask to be used when visiting in Compass service point.
The use of masks:
- The University of Oulu recommends a face mask to be used during close contact where the safety distance of 1–2 metres cannot be implemented on campus.
- Mouth and nose protection is one way to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection.
- It is of paramount importance to continue to follow safety intervals of 1 to 2 meters whenever possible, to wash hands, cough on a sleeve or disposable handkerchief, and to avoid contact with the face.
- During practice periods and internships, the health and safety regulations of the host organization needs to be followed.
- Cloth face masks can naturally be used also outside university facilities (eg. in public transportation)
- N.B. wash the masks before using them in 60 degrees.
Last updated: 25.3.2021