Join the virtual exchange course in South Korea!
Course timing: 17. - 28.1.2022 at 8 - 11.30 (Finnish time)
Teaching language: English
Target group: Business and Engineering students
Registration: by 12.12.2021 on https://forms.gle/U9YDmiG8AnNUX2d3A
Please check with your faculty coordinator, that you can include the course as part of your studies.
The purpose of the Global Capstone Design (GCD) is for the students to apply theoretical knowledge acquired during this winter semester. During the project, students engage in the entire process of solving the real-world problems from collecting and processing actual data along with suitable and appropriate analytic methods to the problem. Both the problem statements and the datasets originate from real-world domains similar to those that students might typically encounter within industry or academic research.
The topic is provided from various industries (such as cryptocurrency exchange, Bithumb) in South Korea. Potential topics include (but are not limited to):
- Categorization of customers and proposals for customized marketing strategies
- Analysis of the international cryptocurrency market and development of strategic planning
- Service Ideation for novices and light users who are not used to cryptocurrency investment with case studies of other startups (Robinhood and Toss)
The basic philosophy of GCD is a problem-based learning (PBL), which develops problem-solving techniques from experiences. The major goals of GCD are as follows:
1) Define the problems properly from the real-world dataset
2) Identify possible alternatives for the defined problem
3) Elaborate the approach with other students
4) Provide detailed solutions to practitioners and receive feedback
Dongguk university: email@example.com
At UniOulu, you can receive more information from Eeva Pennanen / firstname.lastname@example.org