Malware in attachments
If you get or have got the message which is in accordance with this example, remove it:
- Subject:”Important oulu Notification- 12 saapuvat sähköpostit hylättiin”
- Message: ”Hanki hylätyt sähköpostit yllä”
- The sender of the message has been disguised to look like a HelpDesk address and a word "oulu", the receiver's e-mail address and an address with the ending “jyu.fi“ have also been embedded to it.
The cyber crime is professional operation nowadays. In addition to the e-mail, malicious programs and phishing messages are spread also with text messages. An attempt is made to make swindles also with telephone calls.
The identification of swindle requires a vigilance constant from every one of us:
- Avoid from clicking the unknown senders' attachments or links.
- Always log in to the services through the service provider's own address. You will find the genuine links of the information systems of the university in Patio: List of information systems | Patio (oulu.fi)
- Follow the topical information security news of National Cyber Security Centre: Information Security Now!
The O365 accounts of the university will be protected with a MFA practice. MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) means a multi-phased authentication which can be used to prevent the abuses of the user account. MFA will be first brought into use on the staff accounts and the use will be extended to the student accounts during the time to be later informed.