Novel digitally fabricated materials for electronics, optics and medical applications (NOVIDAM)
Name: Novel digitally fabricated materials for electronics, optics and medical applications
Duration: 1.6.2018 - 31.10.2021
Executor: University of Oulu
Financiers: European Regional Development Fund ERDF, Council of Oulu region, University of Oulu, Nokia Oyj, UPM-Kymmene Oyj, Carbodeon Ltd Oy, 3DTech Oy
Public funding: 929 000 EUR
Model: Neotech AMT 15X G4
- A multifunctional additive manufacturing tool for use in R&D, product development and low volume manufacturing.
- Modular, interchangeable material processing and printing tools enable the use of the wide motion range of the device during multi-step processes.
- The platform can be equipped with main non-contact, functional print technologies (piezo-, ink- & aerosol-jetting) which allows the user to deposit every class of ink and/or paste used in printed electronics.
- A range of pre- and post-processing technologies is available to extend device´s materials handling capabilities.
- A FDM head enables the printing of structural parts with integrated electronics.
- The 5-axis range of print motion with a tailored CAD/CAM module makes the printing of complex 3D circuits a reality.
Technical specifications (according to the manufacturer)
- Print speed: 1000 mm/s (max)
- Motion range: 600 x 500 x 250 mm (X-Y-Z)
- Motion accuracy (X, Y and Z axes): ±5 μm
- Repeatability(X, Y and Z axes): ±1.5 μm
- Position accuracy (A and B axes): < 1.5 arcmin
- Repeatability (A and B axes): < 6 arcsec
- Printed line width: 20 - 1000 μm (print technology and material dependent)