Oulu Imaging Day
Please join us to get to know colleagues in the field and to learn about new imaging and image analysis technologies available in Oulu!
Oulu Imaging Day is open for all, but please register via the link provided by Wednesday 22.11.2023 at the latest. Lunch, coffee and other refreshments will be served to registered participants, and ECTS are granted for PhD students! If there are enough attendees registered for transportation, Linnanmaa - Kontinkangas - Linnanmaa bus will be arranged.
Oulu Imaging (OI) meeting, November 29th 2023
A joint event between University of Oulu and Oulu University Hospital
Theme: Imaging technologies and image analysis tools from different disciplines
Registration: Link to registration: https://link.webropol.com/s/OIMEETING2023
Date and time: Wednesday, November 29th, 2023, at 12 – 16 hours.
Location: Kontinkangas Medical Campus, lecture hall F202.
Study credits: 0.25 ECTS
More info: Veli-Pekka Ronkainen (veli-pekka.ronkainen (at) oulu.fi)
- 10.45: Bus transportation from Linnanmaa leaving from door 2T (will be arranged if there will be more than 20 attendees registered for transportation)
- 11.00-12.00: Lunch at Medisiina, the main building of the Medical Campus, Aapistie 5A (lunch tickets for registered participants).
- 12.00-12.10: Lauri Eklund (FBMM, BCO): Opening OuluImaging event
- 12.10-12.30: Juha Väyrynen (FMed, Translational Medicine Research Unit): “Spatially Resolved Immune Profiling of Colorectal Cancer”
- 12.30-12.50: Wei Cao (FSci, Nano and Molecular Systems Research Unit): “Synchrotron-based spectro-microscopic studies of inorganic materials: cases in photocatalysts and advanced steels”
- 12.50-13.10: Veli-Pekka Ronkainen (BCO): ”Core Facility Services in Biological Light Microscopy”
- 13.10-13.30: Aliaksander Bykau (ITEE, Optoelectronics and Measurement Techniques) “Biophotonics: Innovative Techniques for Tissue Imaging and Sensing”
- 13.30-13.50: Vesa Kiviniemi (FMed, Research Unit of Health Sciences and Technology, OFNI) ”Multimodal imaging of human brain clearance mechanisms”.
- 13.50-14.20: Coffee, served at the lobby of the lecture hall F202
- 14.20-14.40: Matti Hanni (FMed, Medical Imaging Teaching and Test Laboratory): “Medical Imaging Teaching and Test Laboratory (Mittlab)”.
- 14.40-15.00: Guoying Zhao (ITEE, The Center for Machine Vision and Signal Analysis): “Computer Vision in Affective Computing”.
- 15.00-15.20: Aku Venhola (FSci, Space Physics and Astronomy): “Astronomical image analysis”.
- 15.20-15.40: Aleksei Tiulpin (FMed, Research Unit of Health Sciences and Technology): “Active Surveillance with Artificial Intelligence: A New Frontier for Disease Prevention and Clinical Trials”.
- 15.40-16.00: Brainstorming on coming common activities and closing the day
- 16.00: Bus transportation to Linnanmaa leaving from the door 5B (will be arranged if there will be more than 20 attendees registered for transportation).
- 16.00-17.00: Refreshments and networking at the lobby of the lecture hall F202