TerOpe - Professional Competence Development and Continues Education of Health Sciences Teacher
The project will define the national competence requirements of health care teachers, develop and integrate a model for updating education, pilot a new study module in digitalization and develop a teacher professional competence network. As a result, the broad knowledge and multidisciplinary community of teachers, teacher educators and teacher candidates in the field will increase.
The project connects intimately with the strategies of national universities and is immediately applicable for wide use within university education:
- The national learning requirements will be included in the university curricula.
- The model of continues education forms a competence-based framework for continues education programmes within the fields of health care and social service.
- The study module in Digitalization becomes a generally used study module used by universities, which increases and unifies both national teacher cooperation and the range of offered subjects in the university degree programmes and in continues education.
- The teacher professional competence network offers a framework for disseminating expertise and competence for teacher students, teachers and educators of teachers also after the project
- The digital study materials and teaching technology can be utilized in both degree programme education and continues education as well as in education export.
Keywords: #healthcare #health science #competence #know-how #knowledge #skills #attribute #teacher #educator #digitalization
The national project is coordinated by the Research Unit of Nursing Science and Health Management by the University of Oulu in collaboration with the University of Eastern Finland, the University of Tampere, the University of Turku, the University of Jyväskylä, Åbo Academy University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences.