Industrial Measurements group and research at OPEM unit develops optical measurement systems and devices for industrial inspection and environmental monitoring applications.
Research group information
Research group leader
- Anssi Mäkynen
Research group description
Current research includes development of
- image-based on-line instruments for particle size measurements; shape measurements of large industrial objects; and structural analysis of raw materials based on their optical scattering properties (elasticity, defects, moisture content etc.)
- on-line analytical instruments based on spark induced plasma spectroscopy and Raman spectroscopy for chemical analysis of industrial and environmental liquids
- computational imaging systems based on in-line holography for in-situ hydrometeor characterization and classification
- models, methods and devices for real-time optical parameter determination of turbid industrial materials providing information on the solid material contents of the industrial process liquids
- decision support tools utilizing complex and distributed measurement information systems like medical PACS/RIS/HIS.