The CMA’s research instruments and the clean room are available for all the University’s research groups. Companies can utilize the facilities in their R&D work.
For the Companies
All the Center’s facilities and services are available for companies and other research institutes. Companies can use the clean room and devices in their R&D work.
The research related to companies is kept strictly confidential (with NDA if required).
Examples of services for companies:
- Laser cutting of materials
- Repairing of microcircuits with FEI Helios DualBeam focused ion beam (FIB) device. The personnel of the Center have over 25 years of experience of microcircuit modification
- Manufacturing of optical components
- Characterization of thin films by using the ellipsometer
- Sample imaging and analysis by using the electron microscopes (SEM, TEM)
- Crystal structure analysis by using the x-ray diffraction (XRD)
- Chemical analysis by using the x-ray fluorescence (XRF)
- Mineralogical analysis using the scanning electron microscope (SEM), electron probe microanalyzer (EPMA), XRD, and XRF
- Failure analysis by using the confocal scanning acoustic microscope (C-SAM), x-ray microscope, and SEM
- Surface chemical analysis by using the x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS/ESCA)
For the Research Units
The clean room and research equipment of the CMA are available for all the units and the research groups of the University of Oulu. New instruments are procured based on the need of the users. The focus of the purchases is on the devices which are applicable to the many different fields of research and thus will have the greatest impact and value for the investment.