German - Deutsch
The ancient Central European cultures, local customs and history, together with modern science and art, are intermingled with everyday life in German-speaking countries. For those who know German all this opens a whole new perspective.
A wide range of student exchange choices is available in German-speaking countries for both students and researchers. The diverse variety of disciplines offered provides a chance to gain special knowledge.
Good language skills improve one’s chances when entering today’s labor market. German is an important language in many fields, especially in technology. Germany is one of Finland’s major trading partners and many Finnish companies have production facilities in Central Europe.
The languages of instruction in the German elementary courses I and II are Finnish and German, which means that the participants must know Finnish well. Sometimes there is a possibility for the bachelor’s and master’s degree students to complete the German elementary courses taught in English at the Oulu University of Applied Sciences. Please, contact the teacher Ms. Miisa.Tanner(at)oamk.fi
The following courses are taught mainly in Finnish. The course material requires knowledge of Finnish.
- 903063Y Elementary Course in German 1, 5 ECTS credits
- 903064Y Elementary Course in German 2, 5 ECTS credits
The following courses are taught in German. The course material is mainly in German.
- 903040Y Intermediate Course in German for Economic Students, 5 ECTS credits
- 903054Y German Business Talk and Correspondence, 3–4 ECTS credits
These courses are mainly taught in German with German course material.
- 903065Y Intermediate Course in German 1, 4–5 ECTS credits
- 903066Y Intermediate Course in German 2, 4–5 ECTS credits
- 903067Y Intermediate Course in German 3, 3–5 ECTS credits
- 903068Y Intermediate Course in German 4, 3–5 ECTS credits
- 903000Y Reading Comprehension in German, 2–3 ECTS credits
- 903041Y Intercultural Communication / Tandem - German - Finnish - Interkulturelle Kommunikation/ Tandem Deutsch-Finnisch, 2–4 ECTS credits
- This course is targeted for the Finnish students who study German as well as for the exchange students who are native German speakers interested in learning Finnish.
- 903021Y Intensive Course in German Language and Culture, 2 ECTS credits
- 903007Y Medical German Text Workshop, 1,5 ECTS credits
- YK00AJ41 Trading Partner Germany - Handelspartner Deutschland, 4 - 5 ECTS credits
- YK00AJ40 Business German - Wirtschaftsdeutsch, 4 - 5 ECTS credits
Contact teachers: e-mail addresses are formed as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaisu Jarde: Elementary Course 1 and 2, Intermediate Course in German for Economic Students, Reading Comprehension in German
Marja Pohjola-Effe: German Business Talk and Correspondence, Intercultural Communication / Tandem German-Finnish, Intensive Course in German Language and Culture
Oliver Jarde: Intermediate Courses 1 - 4, German Business Talk and Correspondence, Trading Partner Germany, Business German