Support for traineeship in Finland
Support for Traineeships in Finland
The support for Traineeship in Finland (total 1600 € for the traineeship outside the University of Oulu in 2023) is paid to the employer to compensate the expenses caused by organizing the traineeship period.
The student applies for the support during the application period and by following the instructions on this page.
The employer first pays the salary and at the end of the internship invoices the University support. Support is available to employers at private companies with less than 250 employees as well as employers at public and third sector (e.g. NGOs). The student is obliged to find out the size of the company.
Degree programme students of UO are entitled to apply for traineeship support for the paid traineeship outside University of Oulu. Academic Affairs coordinates and monitors the division of support.
How to apply for the traineeship support in 2023?
You can apply for the support if you are a degree programme student and the other criteria listed below are met. You also must have placement negotiations ongoing. You must apply BEFORE the traineeship period begins. Follow the steps:
1. Agree upon your traineeship with the teacher of the traineeship course and tentatively with the employer. Fill in a confirmation of traineeship document with your teacher.
3. Choose the Mobility type: P -Traineeship and Application period: 2023 Traineeships in Finland. Choose the Duration of your mobility: Other, please specify, and write the real start and end dates of your traineeship. On tab Exchange study information: add the employer (enterprise) and Exchange program (Work Placement in Finland).
4. Your application is processed at the Academic affairs. You will receive message from SoleMOVE when the support is tentatively accepted or denied. You will be asked to proceed to make The Traineeship Agreement. The agreement between the university and the employer should be made BEFORE the traineeship period begins. Attach the copy of the agreement to your SoleMOVE application. After the application is approved you will receive an approvance message sent by SoleMOVE.
5. You can ask for help from Academic affairs service team. Check your own programme traineeship contact person.
Criteria for applying
The student is eligible to apply for the support for Traineeship in Finland if
- The work placement is a part of the studies (the contents of the work placement have been approved by the student’s degree programme),
- The work placement will last at least 2 months full-time (e.g. 1.3.-30.4. or 15.5.-14.7.),
- The credits gained from the period is at least 5 credits,
- The student salary is min 1331 €/month (in 2023),
- The student is actively registered in the University during the traineeship period,
- The student is under employment contract with the employer during the entire traineeship period, and
- The student has not previously completed a traineeship period supported by the University (excl. Erasmus+Traineeship).
Application period for 2023 is open until November 30th.
Please be on time! Number of the supports is limited. Application period ends when the support is used.
The application for the support should be made before the start date of traineeship.
More information: Angela Suorsa, angela.suorsa(at)oulu.fi