Infotech Oulu Doctoral Program
Structure - Property Relations of Functional Materials
Lecturer: Professor Zuo-Guang Ye, Department of Chemistry, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
Date: September 22-24, 2014
General Course Description:
Detailed discussion of advanced solid state inorganic functional materials in terms of crystal structures, bonding, preparative methods, analytical and characterization techniques, mixed valence states, solid solutions, defects and non-stoichiometry, molecular mechanisms of the optical, electronic, ionic, magnetic and dielectric properties, and applications of materials in state-of-the-art technologies.
- Crystal structures, symmetry and properties.
- Bonding in solids, molecular orbitals and band structures.
- Materials analysis and characterization techniques.
- Crystal defects, non-stoichiometry and solid solutions.
- Phase diagrams and solid state synthetic techniques.
- Electronic and ionic properties.
- Dielectric and ferroelectric properties.
- Magnetic and optical properties.
- Applications of functional materials in advanced technologies.
- Directed studies exemplifying structure-property relations.
More information: Juha Hagberg
Last updated: 27.8.2014