Anssi Rauhala works as a University Teacher and PhD student in the University of Oulu, Faculty of Technology, Structure and Construction Technology (SCT) Research Group. His special areas of expertise are remote sensing, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), geotechnical engineering and geoenvironmental engineering. His PhD work is focused on remote sensing assisted monitoring of mine environments.
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Remote sensing
- Geotechnical engineering
- Geoenvironmental engineering
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- M.Sc.(Tech.) in Environmental engineering, University of Oulu
- M.Sc.(Phys.) in Planetary science, University of Oulu
Professional and community activities
- Member of the Board, Finnish Geotechnical Society, 2020-2022.
- Member of the Board, Finnish Association of Civil Engineers in North Finland (RIL Pohjois-Suomi), 2020-2022.
- President, Youth Section of Finnish Association of Civil Engineers in North Finland (RIL-Nuoret Pohjois-Suomi), 2019-2020.
- Member of the Organizing Committee, 18th Nordic Geotechnical Meeting, 25-27 May 2020, Helsinki, Finland.
- Member of the Scientific Committee, 18th Nordic Geotechnical Meeting, 25-27 May 2020, Helsinki, Finland.
- Member of the Organizing Committee, 14th Baltic Sea Geotechnical Conference, 25-27 May 2020, Helsinki, Finland.
- Assistant, 12th Symposium on Cold Regions Development, 17-19 June 2019, Oulu, Finland.
- Isokangas, Elina; Davids, Corine; Kujala, Katharina; Rauhala, Anssi; Ronkanen, Anna-Kaisa; Rossi, Pekka M. (2019) Combining unmanned aerial vehicle-based remote sensing and stable water isotope analysis to monitor treatment peatlands of mining areas. - Ecological engineering 133, 137-147 . [Original]
- Rauhala, Anssi; Tuomela, Anne; Davids,Corine; Rossi,Pekka M. (2017) UAV Remote Sensing Surveillance of a Mine Tailings Impoundment in Sub-Arctic Conditions. - Remote Sensing 9 (12), 1318 . [Original]
Static liquefaction of mine tailings and geotechnical design of tailings dams, Juulia Väisänen, 2020.
Pile driving induced pore water pressure changes and soil displacements in clay, Saija Tapaninaho, 2019
Comparison of 2D and 3D slope stability analysis methods in the case of bridge approach embankments, Hannu Jussila, 2019.
Groundwater and surface water impacts derived by tailings facility seepage at Kevitsa mine site, Tuulikki Pienimaa, 2019.
Comparison of collaborative project delivery methods in road projects, Esa Kallioinen, 2019.