Jere Kekkonen received the B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in wellness and medical technology from the University of Oulu in 2017 and 2018, respectively. He is currently pursuing the PhD degree in electrical engineering with the Circuits and Systems Research Unit at the University of Oulu under the supervision of Associate Professor Ilkka Nissinen. He has previously worked in the research unit beside his master's studies as a research assistant and he already published his first peer-reviewed article as the corresponding author during that time.
The research topic of his dissertation is novel functionalities and applications for time-resolved Raman spectroscopy systems based on CMOS single-photon avalanche diode line sensors.
- Novel functionalities and applications of time-resolved Raman spectroscopy systems based on CMOS single-photon avalanche diode line sensors
- Practical applications of time resolving CMOS single-photon avalanche diode sensors
- Practical applications of optoelectronic measurement systems, especially in the field of medicine
- Doctoral student, Circuits and Systems
- Kekkonen, Jere; Nissinen, Jan; Kostamovaara, Juha; Nissinen, Ilkka (2018) Distance-resolving raman radar based on a time-correlated CMOS single-photon avalanche diode line sensor. - Sensors 18 (10), 3200 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Romppanen, Sari; Häkkänen, Heikki; Kekkonen, Jere; Nissinen, Jan; Nissinen, Ilkka; Kostamovaara, Juha; Kaski, Saara (2018) Raman mapping of fluorescent minerals – comparison of time-gated and continuous wave setups. (Abstrakti (Ei KOTAan)). - GeoRaman XIII International Conference Book of Abstract. Ei sarjaa/No series, GeoRaman Conference. 42. [Original]