PhD in process engineering with research focuses in particle size, morphology and fractional classification analytics. Currently working on projects related to utilisation of biochemicals in different applications (e.g. mining processes,
flocculation as well as oil spill prevention and response). I have worked as a project manager and researcher in several Tekes, ERDF and company financed projects. I have worked also as a research fellow in Technical University Bergakademie Freiberg (Freiberg, Germany) during the autumn 2011. More than 40 published scientific publications in the field of wood based materials and their characterization.
- Biomaterials and -chemicals based on celluloses
- Nano- and microcelluloses
- Particle size, morphology and fractional classification analytics
- Fibre and particle engineering
- Laitinen, Ossi; Suopajärvi, Terhi; Österberg, Monika; Liimatainen, Henrikki (2017) Hydrophobic, Superabsorbing Aerogels from Choline Chloride-Based Deep Eutectic Solvent Pretreated and Silylated Cellulose Nanofibrils for Selective Oil Removal. - ACS applied materials & interfaces 9 (29), 25029−25037 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Laitinen, Ossi; Ojala, Jonna; Sirviö, Juho; Liimatainen, Henrikki (2017) Sustainable stabilization of oil in water emulsions by cellulose nanocrystals synthesized from deep eutectic solvents. - Cellulose 24 (4), 1679-1689 .
- Kemppainen, Kalle; Suopajärvi, Terhi; Laitinen, Ossi; Ämmälä, Ari; Liimatainen, Henrikki; Illikainen, Mirja (2016) Flocculation of fine hematite and quartz suspensions with anionic cellulose nanofibers. - Chemical engineering science 148, 256-266 . [Original]
- Laitinen, Ossi; Hartmann, Robert; Sirviö, Juho; Liimatainen, Henrikki; Rudolph, Martin; Ämmälä, Ari; Illikainen, Mirja (2016) Alkyl aminated nanocelluloses in selective flotation of aluminium oxide and quartz. - Chemical engineering science 144, 260-266 . [Original]
- Sirviö, Juho; Visanko, Miikka; Laitinen, Ossi; Ämmälä, Ari; Liimatainen, Henrikki (2016) Amino-modified cellulose nanocrystals with adjustable hydrophobicity from combined regioselective oxidation and reductive amination. - Carbohydrate polymers 136, 581-587 . [Original]
- Upola, Heikki; Laitinen, Ossi; Körkkö, Mika; Ämmälä, Ari (2015) Applying image analysis to measure flake content and flake size distribution in pulping of packaging board. - Nordic Pulp and Paper Research Journal 30 (3), 535-540
- Laitinen, Ossi; Kemppainen, Kalle; Ämmälä, Ari; Sirviö, Juho Antti; Liimatainen, Henrikki; Niinimäki, Jouko (2014) Use of chemically modified nanocelluloses in flotation of hematite and quartz. - Industrial & engineering chemistry research 53 (52), 20092−20098
- Haapala, Antti; Laitinen, Ossi; Karinkanta, Pasi; Liimatainen, Henrikki; Niinimäki, Jouko (2013) Optical characterisation of size, shape and fibrillarity from microfibrillar and microcrystalline cellulose, and fine ground wood powder fractions. - Appita journal 66 (4), 331-339
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Technical University Bergakademie Freiberg– 1.10.2011 to 31.12.2011
Research item: Adhesion force measurements with aid of Atomic Force Microscopy