Sonja Lutovac has expertise in research on training and professional development of future teachers with a focus on future teachers’ professional identity formation and affect-related issues with respect to teaching mathematics. With a narrative-based theoretical and methodological approach, she attempts to find ways of how teacher educators can best support the process of becoming a teacher. Her research interests extend to the field of university pedagogy and the themes such as emotions in higher education, coping with student feedback and supervision.
Lutovac's more recent research work evolves around narrative exploration of academic failure and the ways in which it defines and is defined by one's identity.
- teacher identity and identity work
- affect and emotions
- mathematics teaching
- pre-service teacher education
- narrative inquiry
- professional development
- teaching in higher education
- Post-doc researcher, Living Stories Research Community
- Post-doc researcher, PROVIDENT (Professional Development and Identity)
- Post-doc researcher, teacher, University Pedagogy