Tuomo Siponkoski got his Master of Science (Eng.) degree in 2011 in Microelectronics and applied electronics. Starting on 2012 Autumn he has been working as a researcher and doctoral student in Microelectronics Research unit (MIC) in University of Oulu. His main research topics are dielectric, piezoelectric and ferroelectric materials, their characterization and applications.
- Electronic materials, electroceramics
- Piezoelectric materials
- Energy harvesting
- Low temperature fabrication
- Siponkoski, Tuomo; Nelo, Mikko; Jantunen, Heli; Juuti, Jari (2020) A printable P(VDF-TrFE)-PZT Composite with Very High Piezoelectric Coefficient. - Applied materials today 20, 100696 . [Original]
- Nelo, Mikko; Siponkoski, Tuomo; Kähäri, Hanna; Kordas, Krisztian; Juuti, Jari; Jantunen, Heli (2019) Upside - down composites : Fabricating piezoceramics at room temperature. - Journal of the european ceramic society 39 (11), 3301-3306 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Bai, Yang; Siponkoski, Tuomo; Peräntie, Jani; Jantunen, Heli; Juuti, Jari (2017) Ferroelectric, pyroelectric, and piezoelectric properties of a photovoltaic perovskite oxide. - Applied physics letters 110 (6), 1-5, 063903 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Laurila, Mika-Matti; Peltokangas, Mikko; Montero, Karem Lozano; Siponkoski, Tuomo; Juuti, Jari; Tuukkanen, Sampo; Oksala, Niku; Vehkaoja, Antti; Mäntysalo, Matti (2019) Evaluation of printed P(VDF-TrFE) pressure sensor signal quality in arterial pulse wave measurement. - IEEE sensors journal 19 (23), 11072-11080 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Siponkoski, Tuomo; Nelo, Mikko; Palosaari, Jaakko; Peräntie, Jani; Sobocinski, Maciej; Juuti, Jari; Jantunen, Heli (2015) Electromechanical properties of PZT/P(VDF-TrFE) composite ink printed on a flexible organic substrate. - Composites Part B: Engineering 80, 217-222 . [Original] [Self-archived]
Processing and characterizing of BaTiO3 (2014)
In this study different processing steps of ceramic fabrication and the basic theory on piezoelectric ceramics and barium titanate were presented along with the possible methods to replace the conventional sintering. Barium titanate samples were fabricated using the conventional sintering method and their electromechanical properties measured.
Measurement software for characterizing piezoelectric materials using biased impedance spectroscopy (2016)
In this thesis basics of piezoelectricity and piezoelectric ceramics were introduced. The main focus was on a designing and implementing a measuring software in LabVIEW environment, which can be used to automatically measure resonance frequencies and calculate coupling factors from a bulk piezoceramics.