- Netzsch STA 449 F3 Jupiter. Simultaneous mass and modulated heat difference measurement with optional mass spectrometer gas analysis, modulated heating up to 2000°C temperature. The device was purchased in 2011.
- Netzsch STA 409 PC Luxx and Netzsch QMS 403 C quadrupole mass spectrometer. Simultaneous mass and heat difference measurement with optional mass spectrometer gas analysis up to 1500°C temperature. The device was purchased in 2003.
- TA Instruments SDT 2960. Simultaneous mass and temperature difference measurement up to 1500°C. Year 1996.
- Optical dilatometer. Dimensional change measurement up to 1500°C temperature.
- BW-tek voyage Confocal Raman in olympus BX51 microscope. QImaging MicroPublisher 3.3RTV camera. Raman spectrum and dimensional measurement with high temperature stage from linkam up to 1500°C.
- TGA; Mass measurement in reducing atmosphere 1500°C
- Blast furnace gas phase simulator with entech furnace. Mass measurement in reducing CO, CO2 ,N2 ,H2, H2O, K, S, atm 1800°C
- Pellet furnace 1000/80 entech. Evolved Gas Analysis, CO, CO2, H2, H2O, measurement in reducing atmosphere 1300°C
- High temperature viscometer; Rotational viscosity measurement 1700°C
Other High Temperature devices
- Entech Thermal Gradient furnace 1800°C
- PVA/pfeiffer VSG010. Vacuum (5x10-3mbar) induction furnace melting volume 1,6l and maximum operating temperature is 1700°C.
- Nabertherm Chamber furnace 150x150x300mm 1800°C
- Pressure furnace 10 bar,1500°C
- Microwave oven for research
Other devices and tools
- Watermodels; The models visualize phenomenon taking place inside a converter and ladle like steel / slag flow and wearing of refractory materials.
- Briquetting machine; Compacting fine metallurgical particles and re-feeding them back to process. Maximum pressure is 210 bar/briquette and vibration 60 Hz. Briquette size is 50mm in diameter and 100mm in height.
- Inclusion electrolytic extraction; Potentiostat Biologic SP-150 and self-made cell is used in extraction. Inclusions is then studied separately with FESEM, particle size analyzer etc.
- Termodynamic calculation programs; HSC, Chemsage and Fact Sage programs are for thermodynamic equilibrium calculations.
- Microscopes; An Olympus polarizing microscope BX51P with micropublisher 5.0RTV camera and Olympus research stereomicroscope SZX9 with DP-12 camera. The microscopes were purchased in 2001.
- Materialographic surface preparation of solid materials; Struers Epovac vacuum impregnation equipment. Grinding and polishing is done with Struers LaboForce-1 and LabPol-6. The ready samples go through ultrasonic cleaning before use. The devices were purchased in 2002.
- Gleeble 3800 thermomechanical simulator (thermo-mechanical processing, hot ductility, CTT- and TTT -diagrams, recrystallization kinetics, annealing, welding simulation, etc.)
- Laboratory rolling mill with accelerated cooling unit
- GDA750 analyzator (bulk composition of carbon and stainless steels, Cu- and Al-alloys; depth profiles of elements in nanoscale)
- Instrumented microhardness tester (CSM, 30 mN, local hardness and flow stress curves)
- Tensile testing machines (Zwick, 100 kN; from -80 °C to 200 °C; MTS810)
- Charpy Impact test hammer
- NDT drop weight hammer
- Macrohardness testers
- Optical microscopes and image analysis
Available at Center of Microscopy and Nanotechnology:
- FESEM (ZEISS Ultra Plus) with EDS-EBSD
- EFTEM Leo 912 Omega
- EPMA JEOL JXA-8200
- FEI HELIOS DUALBEAM FIB+FESEM+STEM+EDS
- XRD Siemens 5000
Characterization devices enabling the analysis and measurement of optical and structural properties of micro- and nanostructure and materials, see the list of aquipment in Center of Microscopy and Nanotechnology
Mechanical engineering workshop
- Water jet cutting machine
- Mitsui Seiki HR-5B machining center
- Yasda YBM-850V precision machining center
- Makino MC 60 machining center
- Mori Seiki SL 1 B CNC lathe
- Coordinate measuring machine IOTA P 1270
- Measuring machine Carl Zeiss Jena
- Ursviken Optima 100 press brake
- Guillotine shear cutting machine Aliko 3012 CNC
- Robot welding cell
- Kemppi Pro MIG 5000
- Motoman Motoman L 106
- MIG/MAG/TIG Welding
- Kemppi Kempomat 2500
- Kemppi Kempomig 3200
- Kemppi Kempomig 4000W
- Kemppi Kempotig ACDC 4500
- Surface roughness tester Mitutoyo
- Roundness measuring tester Talyrond 201
- Measuring systems for machine tool inspection and acceptance
- path control accuracy testing system, Heidenhain DBB 110 (double ball bar with integrated linear encoders)
- comparator measuring system for linear axes, Heidenhain VM 182-1020
- ACCOM measuring and evaluation software
- small angle and levelling measuring instument Wyler Leveltronic
- Multicomponent dynamometer Kistler 9257B for cutting force measurements
University of Oulu - machine shop research support
Last updated: 8.5.2017