Master's in Chemistry of Sustainable Processes and Materials
Chemistry of Sustainable Processes and Materials, Master's Programme in Chemistry
Duration of studies
Next application period
Top reasons to study Chemistry of Sustainable Processes and Materials
- A multidisciplinary curriculum which integrates strong chemistry know-how to engineering studies in a unique way.
- Students get a skill set of high value with excellent employment prospects.
- The University of Oulu offers excellent facilities and guidance for practical laboratory work - a huge reserve of infrastructure in student’s use.
- Collaboration with the chemical industry and research units is intense. Students typically complete master’s theses for global companies and thus gain a smooth transfer to actual work-life.
- High-quality and innovative research in sustainable chemistry in several disciplines of chemistry and chemical engineering is reflected in studies.
Join a leading institution in circular economy
Study in an exciting learning environment at the heart of the green transition and bioeconomy. Faculty of Technology of the University of Oulu is one of the leading experts in circular economy.
The studies offer a wide range of education opportunities in science and technology and an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience with modern experimental techniques.
"For instance, a student can include studies in the field of engineering – process engineering is a typical choice among many others – to further build their interdisciplinary study path."
The Master's programme contains advanced studies in different fields of chemistry: analytical, applied, inorganic, organic and/or physical chemistry. The programme also contains compulsory laboratory work and optional studies offered by other degree programmes of the Faculty of Technology, such as Environmental Engineering.
Core skills and competence
The graduate will be able to:
- Independently search, interpret and absorb chemistry-related scientific knowledge and take responsibility for his/her own professional development
- Independently apply adopted, advanced knowledge to solve a scientific problem or to produce new knowledge in chemistry or chemistry-related environment
- Critically handle chemistry-related data and draw conclusions based on it
- Perform scientific research using scientific methods
- Clearly present and give reasons for results to a specialist and non-specialist audience
- Work as a specialist in the industry or public sector or in chemistry-related tasks.
Programme structure and courses
Occupational profiles of the graduates
The graduates will have excellent theoretical knowledge and a solid base to continue their academic career, if they so wish. The practical skills gained in the programme means that they will be primed to respond to the needs of industry and make for valuable recruiting assets for private companies and the public sector alike.
Possible job titles include:
- Product Development Chemist
- Laboratory or Research Manager
An applicant must have or to be about to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, or in a closely related subject (Chemical Technology, Chemical Engineering etc.). Preference is given to applicants with strong background in chemistry.
Read about eligibility and admissions procedure for this programme, detailed information available at Studyinfo.
Collaboration with the chemical industry boosts employment
As a student you will have supportive, high-quality study environment where ready contacts to research and development units in the field help realizing your career aspirations.