Master's in Finance
Duration of studies
Next application period
Top reasons to study Finance
- Students can widen their Finance degree with studies in Economics or Accounting, and other courses offered by the Oulu Business School.
- Get in-depth understanding of finance theory and financial markets.
- Opportunity for exchange studies abroad - you may choose from several exchange programmes and hundreds of business schools.
- An internationally comparable degree in Economics and Business Administration from an AACSB accredited business school, that enables you to apply for work within the EU and globally.
- Students will get a diversified perspective on current issues from own professors, guest professors from other business schools worldwide and high-profile businesspeople.
Finance is one of several international Master’s programmes available at the Oulu Business School. Students are allowed to take courses from all these programmes.
Studying at the Oulu Business School is a genuinely multicultural experience, as international degree students, exchange students from all over the world, and of course Finnish students are attending the courses of the Finance programme. Students in the programme can also join an exchange programme with another business school.
"The academic knowledge and skills cultivated during my studies in Finance will equip me on my professional journey to tackle challenges in our ever-evolving world." - Vy
Core skills and competence
The programme includes such courses as:
- Asset pricing
- Portfolio management
- Corporate finance
- Corporate governance
- Financial risk management.
The programme includes a module of core courses which cover fundamental theory, mathematical methods, and research methods. In addition to providing the fundamentals, the programme takes on current topics and trends, such as green financing, crowdfunding, banking regulation, market developments and so on.
Students also gain special insight into investor behavior. Finance research at the Oulu Business School focuses on individual investors’ actions in the financial markets. The research utilizes large empirical datasets covering individuals’ securities transactions.
The research projects include analyzing the rationality of investors’ decision making under standard models of finance, analyzing the reasons for the possible deviations from the standard model’s prediction of behavior, and developing alternative theoretical models to help understand these seemingly irrational behaviors.
A rapidly rising phenomenon is social and environmental responsibility as a factor in investor behavior, as investors want to fund initiatives and projects that take on global challenges like climate change.
The programme gives students the abilities and knowledge to pursue their academic careers further, if they so choose. Whether students aim at pursuing an academic career or working in the industry after finishing their studies, they will be well-prepared for both options.
Programme structure and courses
Occupational profiles of the graduates
- Asset Manager
- Financial / Market Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Corporate Financial Manager.
Welcome to Oulu Business School
Only roughly five percent of the world’s business schools have fulfilled the AACSB quality standards. The Oulu Business School is one of the first Nordic business schools to earn this international business accreditation.