Alumni Day 2023
Linnanmaa campus, Erkki Koiso-Kanttilan katu 1
The most important alumni event of the year brings together graduates from different faculties of our university around scientific and educational themes. The program includes an alumni panel, light refreshments, music and a get-together among other alumni and the university community. The event starts at the Linnanmaa campus at 3 p.m. with a joint meeting, after which starting around from 5 p.m. there will be gatherings and current news in the faculties in Linnanmaa and Kontinkangas.
There has been a pre registration to the event, which has ended on 2nd May.
3:00 p.m. Linnanmaa campus, around central lobby and restaurant Napa (entrance 2T, Erkki Koiso-Kanttila 1 street)
- Music by mixed choir Cassiopeia
- Welcome words and toast, Tapio Koivu, Vice rector for Education
- Music by mixed choir Cassiopeia and at the same time coffee serving
- Alumni panel discussion - With courage and passion. The panelists will discuss their studies and career. The panel discussion will be in Finnish.
- Professor and docent Sakari Orava, medicine, orthopedist and sports surgeon
- Paula Kouri, architechture, founding member, designer and architect, Yozen Design
- Silja Hylkinen, chemistry, brew master Olvi oyj
- Pekka Pulkkinen, civil engineering, Leading Consultant, Bridges at WSP in Finland
- Pertti Korhonen, electrical engineering, business executive, CEO Fintraffic
Starting from around 5 p.m. Shifting to faculties in Linnanmaa and Kontinkangas campuses
- Gatherings and current updates regarding education and research in the faculties in Linnanmaa and Kontinkangas (shared transportation for the alumni of the faculty of medicine, address: Aapistie 7A). Also meetings with staff and other alumni of the faculty.
6.30 p.m. the event on campuses ends (shared transportation back to Linnanmaa from Kontinkangas)
The event will be hosted by the alumnus of the University of Oulu, Juho Karjalainen, producer and communication specialist.
Dress code: smart casual
Please note, that the programme will be mainly in Finnish.
Programme in faculties
After the joint part of the programme, from around 4:50 p.m., the alumni will divide into their own faculties' events to hear current updates about education and research, meet faculty staff and other alumni. The dividing into faculties takes place guided from the main stage of the restaurant Napa from approx. 5 p.m. Please take into account that over the years your own degree programme may have transferred to a different faculty. Please check the current faculty of your degree programme at the information desk upon arrival when you pick up the faculty sticker.
Arrival to campus
Linnanmaa campus: around the central lobby restaurant Napa, Cafe Hub and Juvenes.
Nearest entrance is 2 T, Erkki Koiso-Kanttila katu 1, Linnanmaa campus.
Some parking lots on the Linnanmaa campus have a limited parking time and some are chargeable, but from 2 p.m. you can park in any marked parking lot free of charge. The closest parking options 2T door are located in the P1 and P2 parking lots. Please note that if you arrive before 2 p.m., parking controls are still in effect in the parking lots.
If you arrive in Linnanmaa by public transport, the bus stop near Linnanmaa campus' main entrance 2T is called Yliopisto. See the timetables on the website of city of Oulu's public transport.
If you have graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and you shift from Linnanmaa to Kontinkangas campus after the joint programme and do not participate in shared transportation, the address to the Faculty of Medicine is at Aapistie 7A. Aapistie has some limited parking spaces. Chargeable parking spaces can be found in Aapistie 3, in the parking lots of the dental clinic Dentopolis.
More information about the event: Alumni coordinator Riitta Arffman, alumni(at)oulu.fi, +358 504706262