Student account and password
Student account is your licence to use the systems, workstations and services of the university. Notice that student account is personal, so do not give the password to anyone else. You are responsible of your account usage in the university network and services.
University user accounts have a multi-factor authentication (MFA) that protects your MS account from abuse. If you have not chosen and set up the verification method in your MS account security information, you will receive a notification “More information required” at the login stage and you will be directed to set your authentication method without delay. Read more on this page under Multi-factor authentication (MFA).
Student account is valid as long as you are registered as a present student or cancel your studies temporarily in University of Oulu.
Rules of use bind and obligate all members of the university community, users of IT services and systems, and all units of the University.
Change your password when needed, in the university's Passwd service, the link to which is https://account.oulu.fi/passwd. If you do not know or remember your account or password, your identity will be verified first in the Suomi-fi identification service.
What can you do with your user account?
The student user account entiles you to:
- log in to workstations around the campuses
- use laptop vendors
- use print service
- use saving resources
- use wireless network Eduroam
- access university’s software and services remotely
- use external cloud services: O365 and Google Workspace (an activation of Workspace is needed before use)
- use systems of ICT Services: e.g. Moodle (learning environment), Webropol (surveys and reporting tool), Zoom (online meeting service), YuJa (media management system), FileSender (sending of large files), Oulu Campus Navigator (navigation and indoor positioning app), Cella (room reservation app), Eduhouse ICT learning environment
- use other information services for students, e.g. Peppi (student database), Tuudo (mobile app), Oulu University Library databases by remote
- use software distribution maintained by ICT Services or some webstores to download software within the licensing agreements of the university