Join the Gamification for Sustainability course
The course can be found in Peppi with the code II00AM74-3001 (3 ECTS).
The link to the course in the study guide is https://opas.peppi.oulu.fi/en/course/II00AM74/37162?period=2023-2024
The course is offered this year as part of the Sustainability Studies Network. There are no prerequisites; the course is targeted at students at any level who are interested in gamification, sustainability, and user-centred design. Students will grasp the main concepts related to gamification, design, and sustainability and apply them in designing a gamified application. The course is offered in hybrid mode.
By completing the course, the student will:
- Understand the importance and dimensions of sustainability and climate change.
- Understand the challenges of communicating climate change and sustainability issues.
- Understand and apply the concepts of user engagement, individual engagement, and public engagement in the context of sustainable behaviour.
- Understand and apply the characteristics of gamification to promoting sustainable behaviour.
- Understand and apply the principles of user-centred design and interaction design to gamification design.
- Familiarize with current research and challenges in gamification research for sustainability.
- Design a gamified application for promoting sustainability.
- Sustainability and climate change
- Climate change communication
- Engagement with climate change
- Gamification, games, serious games
- User-centred design
- Interaction design
- Gamification design
- Gamification research for sustainability
To complete the course the students will write lecture diaries and complete assignments, group project work, and seminar presentation.
Registration deadline 29.10.2023
Thu 02.11.2023 10:15-12:00 TS133 & Zoom
Tue 07.11.2023 10:15-12:00 TS133 & Zoom
Thu 09.11.2023 10:15-12:00 TS133 & Zoom
Thu 16.11.2023 10:15-12:00 TS133 & Zoom
Thu 30.11.2023 13:15-16:00 TS133 & Zoom
More information is available on Peppi.
For more information please contact:
Dorina Rajanen, firstname.lastname@example.org
ITEE/ Information Processing Science/ Interact Research Unit