New Peppi version brings fixes and new functionalities
This update includes many development suggestions requested by users. We will continue to develop Peppi in the future. Peppi developement is carried out in a user-oriented manner and we are happy to receive feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. The development is guided by the requirements of national information management and legislation, as well as national strategies, programmes and frameworks for higher education.
Accessibility fixes in the version
- Fixes for accessibility for the Student's desktop: the version has fixed and improved Peppi's usability with screen reader programs and keyboards. The version has added and corrected e.g. textual equivalents, contrasts and the action of animated symbols. Mobile accessibility of the desktop has also been improved.
- Fixes for accessibility for the Applicant's desktop: the version has made it possible for a keyboard user to enroll and improved the usability of the desktop with screen reader programs.
Other fixes and features in the new version
- Changes in study rights in Open University studies: when a student has an active study right at the Open University and enrols in a new Open University implementation, the new study right is attached to the existing Open university study right and study right number.
- It is possible to copy credits form one study right to another, this is done by the Academic Affairs Services. Copying is possible under certain conditions. Student should take into account when copying is possible and when applying for recognintion of learning is required. Instructions are given separately about the conditions.
- A student cannot enroll for a course if he/she has already completed its equivalent course.
- Student’s desktop: the first and second cycle degrees that belong to a study right collection are not shown grouped under the study right collection name when opening the list from the top right corner, this will be fixed in future version updates
- Crediting bank is in use on Student’s desktop. In the Crediting bank it is possible to search with different types of criteria what kind of previous credit transfer decisions have been made.
During the version update, there will be a service break in Peppi. During the service break, Peppi desktops and the Study Guide are not available and Peppi cannot be logged into. Short service breaks are also possible after the planned service break and will be informed on the Peppi login page. You can read more about the effects of the service break here.
The development work is carried out in the Peppi consortium which consists of 31 higher education institutions that use Peppi. The new consortium cooperation model introduced at the beginning of 2023 will improve the frequency of Peppi's version updates and the predictability of the development.