Student tutors and Kummi students hired for beginning of autumn semester - applications are open until February 14th!
Kummi students are paid 14,10 € per hour and the recommended amount of guidance is 10-20 hours (Kummi students are paid for a maximum of 20 hours). You will get a certificate for being a Kummi.
What are the tasks and responsibilities of a Kummi student?
- meeting the exchange students at the end of August / at the beginning of January, welcoming them, helping them settle down and introducing the Finnish culture to them
- organizing tutoring sessions according to the guidance plans with other Kummi groups as well as with the Finnish-speaking small groups
- help the exchange students get to know other students and the university community
Why should you be a Kummi student?
- very easy way to get to know new cultures
- great opportunity to get new friends from all over the globe
- you get a cerficicate and paid for being a Kummi
Recommendations for Student Tutor/ Kummi:
- You are a responsible person
- You have proceeded well in your own studies
- You are on your 2nd or 3rd year in your studies in 2022-2023 (exchange student tutors) or 1st or 2nd year Master's degree student (Master’s degree student tutors)
It is essential that a Kummi is motivated and eager to guide new freshmen and participate in different activities with your kummi students!
As a Kummi, you will be required to participate in the Kummi training in Spring 2022, held before May. Kummi students are also required to meet their students at the end of August/Beginning of September when they arrive, and they need a tutor. Additionally, the Kummi students for exchange students of Spring 2023 must be present in the beginning January 2022.
How to apply?
1. Fill in the electronic application form.
2. Attach the following documents to the application:
a. CV in PDF format (including picture of yourself)
Peppi: At the top of the Student's desktop you are able to find Atomi through which you are able to download transcript.
You can find more information on tutoring at the University's website: https://www.oulu.fi/en/for-students/supporting-your-studies/student-tutoring/apply-become-student-tutor-kummi
The selections will be based on application documents and interviews. Interviews will be held on at the beginning of February in weeks 7 and 8 in Teams/Zoom.