Support for studying

University of Oulu offers many services to support your studies. If you need help and support with your studies, seek guidance.

Do you need support for planning your studies or developing your learning skills? Or do you feel that your studies haven't progressed as you hoped? In the questions related to your field of study and PSP (personal study plan) the guidance is offered primarily by the programme coordinator in your study programme. If you need general study counselling, please contact Education Designer of your study programme in the Faculty Study Affairs service team ( Service team is responsible for all study related questions and advising. More detailed contact information: see Faculty Study Affairs web page.

In the need of the additional guidance you can turn to the counselling services: study and career counselling and study psychologist.

Advising for an individual course is provided by the course teacher (email: first name.last name (at)

N.B.: Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS) provides general, mental and oral health care services for students. If you have health problems, you can contact directly FSHS.

More information on support services for studying, please visit Supporting your studies -web page.

Last updated: 29.3.2021