Zoom service break, June 24, may reset your user information
There will be a service break in the university’s Zoom on the eve of Midsummer Eve, Thursday June 24, beginning at 8:00 a.m. Zoom will be out of use for all day.
The updates and privacy improvements which will be done in Zoom cause the fact that the meetings created before the service break as well as the settings of an own profile will be likely reset. Prepare particularly for these changes in case you have timed the future meetings to the time subsequent to the Midsummer.
Meetings and other sessions:
- Do not time meetings to the day of the service break or later, because they will disappear from the system.
- Create the future meetings in Zoom on June 25 or later. Send the participants the new invitations because the links that have been created earlier do not operate.
- You can alternatively create and run meetings in Teams.
- If as a host you need the participant list of some session, copy it before the service break.
Your own Zoom profile:
- The personal settings return to be default settings. Check your own settings after the service break.
- The possible profile picture disappears. Add the picture to your profile after the maintenance break.
- Personal Zoom ID changes and the old links which refer to it will be cancelled.
After the service operations, Zoom can be used as before: Log in to Zoom at oulu.zoom.us or with the desktop application.
We apologize for the disturbance.
- Any questions and requests for additional information can be sent to email@example.com.
Read more: How to join Zoom meeting
Last updated: 11.5.2021