The main objective of ENGINE is to develop a first-time-right (FTR) and zero-defect metal product design and manufacturing system, then demonstrate it on marine engine supply-chain. Our ambition is to increase competitiveness of industry and SMEs, reduce manufacturing defects and waste, create new business cases, and improve employee well-being. ENGINE's main objective is split into 10 specific objectives to ensure that all relevant areas are covered, the projects roadmap is well thought-out, and the separate steps create an achievable pathway to success. Assuming the current market shares, we expect an increase in turnover 2 000M EUR/year. When we succeed in the deployment plans of ENGINE,and we can decrease the cost per kilowatt, we can assume to double the current market share, thus leading another increase of 2 000M EUR/year. ENGINE is paramount to ensure the manufacturing quality and technical feasibility of new environmentally friendly fuel engines. It will create a huge impact on global CO2 emissions. We estimate that annually CO2 emissions will be reduced by 170 million tons through green fuel engines with the expected market share.
To achieve its goals ENGINE will:
1. Create and demonstrate a novel metal product design and manufacturing system.
2. Develop computational modelling toolbox for product and process design, non-destructive diagnostic tools for production monitoring, and data solution for seamless integration of the whole supply-chain.
3. Research methodologies for first-time-right and zero-defect manufacturing (ZDM).
4. Investigate LCA and life- cycle cost (LCC) methods for design and business decisions.
5. Present a strategy for employee skills development.
6. Transform innovations into promising business cases.