Professor, MD, PhD.
Professor and Chief Physician, Pediatric Surgery and Orthopaedics
Pediatric Surgery and Orthopaedics
Sinikumpu is Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon and Pediatric Surgeon (MD, PhD). He is Professor and the Head of Pediatric Surgery and Orthopaedics in Oulu University Hospital. He is the chairman of the Pediatric Surgery subject and Pediatric Orthopaedics in the University of Oulu. He is the leader and founder of Oulu Childhood Fracture and Sports Injury Study Group. He is the member of international EPOS Sports Injury Group. Sinikumpu is the Section Editor of Scand. J. Surg. He is the member of editorial board of J. Child. Orthop. He is the member of European Pediatric Surgeons' Association (EUPSA), European Pediatric Orthopedic Society (EPOS), Finnish Soc. of Surgeons, Finnish Soc. of Pediatric Surgeons, Finnish Soc. of Pediatric Orthopedics (chairman) and Finnish Orthop. Society. Sinikumpu is the official national examiner of both Pediatric Surgery specialty and Pediatric Orthopaedics and Traumatology subspecialty (post-graduate degrees) in Finland.
Sinikumpu has been a speaker / invited keynote presenter recently e.g. in the following topics in national and international conferences:
- Surgical treatment of recurrent patellar instability in children and adolescents
- Treatment of acute patellar dislocation in children
- Treatment outcomes of anterior cruciate ligament avulsion injuries
- Musculoskeletal overuse injuries of children and adolescent athletes.
- Musculoskeletal trauma; Patellar instability; Knee injury; Overuse injuries; Orthopaedic sport injuries; Forearm fractures; Elbow injuries