Strategy of the Oulu Business School
We excel in research as part of the scientific community to generate business competencies. We educate innovative and responsible future leaders and business experts with a global mindset. We collaborate with stakeholders to contribute to the well-being and sustainability of Northern Finland and society at large.
- business dynamics, networks, and models in transforming contexts
- responsibility and sustainability in business relationships, digitalizing services, and brands
- sustainable accounting, economics, and finance
- organizations, entrepreneurship, and innovation in the global context
- digitalization and business analytics
- data-intensive digital products and services, and responsible business
- business futures, ecosystems, and business models
- the role of managerial traits in insider trading, tax non-compliance, and other business outcomes
- circular economy and sustainable innovations in networks
- resilience in networks and organizations
- work and AI in transformation for systemic opportunities in health care networks
- healthcare digitalization
- digital business and responsible AI
- novel approaches of business analytics
- future energy business and green transition
- future mobile communications and platforms
- renewable energy and energy markets
- Northern Finland birth cohorts
We continue to strengthen international education and student commitment. In addition to degree programs and an EMBA program, we offer minor studies in Entrepreneurship and develop MOOC offerings. We continue to utilize the AACSB Accreditation-related tools and methods in the development of education.
Well-being of the community
We value the diversity of scientific research outputs and their societal impact, regardless of their type or content. We utilize the AACSB Accreditation-related Faculty Qualifications Framework to improve the performance of our research units. We systematically encourage stakeholder engagement in research and education and in building networks.