At the beginning of your studies, you are granted with a personal student account that you can use to access e.g. university's information services. Student account is valid as long as you are registered as a present student or cancel your studies temporarily in University of Oulu.
Notice that student account is personal and you can not give the password to anyone else. You are responsible of your account usage in the university network and servers. The student account includes a secured home directory which you can use as a file storage.
The Rules of IT Service Use bind and obligate all members of the university community, users of IT services and systems, and all units of the University.
Forms of student's user account
- When you log in University's self-study-workstations or information systems, type your account in a base form: 8 characters in general, lower case
- If the server name is asked in login screen, choose paju
- If the domain name is asked, choose student
- When logging in wireless network eduroam, type your student account in form: account(at)student.oulu.fi
- When logging in Microsoft's O365 service, type user account in form: account(at)student.oulu.fi
- When logging in services which use Shibboleth, type your account in a base form
- When logging in Canon's printing devices or Canon's webstore, type user account in form: account(at)student
Email and home directory
When having a student's user account, you may use Office 365 Education service which offers email and calendar services. University's email address has an ending oulu.fi, which is needed when using the mobile printing service.
Your home directory is located on the university's server. It is possible to save your files there and create own web pages too. The O365 service makes the use of the One Drive for Business (1 TB) possible.
What can you do with your user account?
- log in to self-study-workstations around the campus
- use laptop vendors
- use print service
- use wireless network eduroam
- use external cloud services: O365 and G Suite (activation of G Suite is needed before use)
- use information services for students, e.g. Moodle - learning environment, WebOodi - student database, Tuudo - mobile application
- use software distribution maintained by IT Administration Services or some webstores to download software within the licensing agreements of the university
- use Oulu University Library databases by remote
- use VPN Portal to access the university network by using web browser
Last updated: 27.1.2021