1. Creation of the VPN profile
- Go to the service: https://account.oulu.fi/eduvpn
- Before the creation of the profile, your identity and your licence to use the services of the university are secured in Suomi.fi e-Identification service.
- You need the user account of the University of Oulu and furthermore, one of the identification practices of the Suomi.fi e-Identification service must be in your use; a mobile certificate, online banking codes, a certificate card or an eIDAS token. More information: https://www.suomi.fi/instructions-and-support/information-on-eidentification/this-is-how-eidentification-works
- In the VPN service, a student can have one active profile and a staff member two profiles. Remove an old profile before the creation of the new one.
- After you have created the new profile, download the profile file into your computer's folder Downloads, for instance.
- After that, install OpenVPN client and import your profile file into the client as told in the section 2.
2. OpenVPN installation and importing of the profile
- If OpenVPN client is not installed in your computer yet, install it now.
- Choose the instuctions below according the operating system of your computer, and follow it.
- After the installation, import the profile file created and downloaded by you, into Open VPN client. Then you can open the VPN connection to the university network.
- If you need remote desktop services, then continue with the installation of them.
Detailed instructions for different operating systems:
For students and staff:
- Windows, own computer (not UNIV computer of the staff): OpenVPN installation into Windows computer
- Mac computer: OpenVPN Tunnelblick installation into Mac computer
- iOS device: OpenVPN-asennus iOS-laitteelle (iPhone, iPad) (fin)
- Linux computer: OpenVPN installation into Linux computer
For the staff only:
- Windows, UNIV computer of the staff: OpenVPN installation into UNIV-computer
Last updated: 16.4.2020