Rules of IT Service Use in brief
- These binding rules concern all users. Including you.
- These rules apply to the use of all of the University's IT services, hardware, software and networks.
- The University authorises users to access its IT services by granting user IDs (user accounts) or making services available.
- Every user is personally responsible for all use of the services with his/her user ID.
- The provided IT services are intended for work- and study-related use.
- They may also be used for personal purposes within reason and in keeping with laws and good practices.
- Other users' privacy and ownership of information must be respected at all times.
- Use of the services for any commercial or propagandistic purposes is forbidden.
- Unauthorised use is forbidden.
- Use of services is monitored, and breach of these rules will be sanctioned.
The wlan connections that have been built in the connection of the network of the university have been meant for the on the university working or studying persons' use. The use rule of the wireless local area networks of the University of Oulu applies to the use wlan with the cordless data terminal equipment (for example a smart phone, tablet, laptop).
Terms of cloud service
The user account of the university has a licence to use the some external cloud services (for example Office 365 Education) automatically and some cloud services according to the user's own choice (for example G Suite for Education). Terms of cloud service apply to both the students and the staff.
Last updated: 27.6.2019