Our admissions team will help you with your questions!
Business Analytics, Master´s Programme in Business Analytics, Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration) (2 years) or
Computer Science and Engineering, Master´s Programme in Business Analytics, Master of Science (Technology) (2 years) or
Information Processing Science, Master´s Programme in Business Analytics, Master of Science (2 years)
- Analytics is at the heart of the information era. Become an expert who understands the needs of business, industrial and public organisations in regard to gathering, analysing and using digital data for decision-making, operations and development work.
- An internationally comparable degree in Business Analytics from an AACSB accredited business school
- An exciting opportunity to study in a leading-edge research environment. Shanghai Ranking´s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2020: #151–200 Computer Science & Engineering
Business Analytics is a two-year programme which incorporates both theoretical knowledge and practical skills in data-driven analytics. Students have a choice of three degree-specific study paths:
- Business Analyst, leading to a Master´s degree in Economics and Business Administration
- Data Engineer, leading to a Master´s degree in Technology
- Information Analyst, leading to a Master´s degree in Information Processing Science
Read more and apply - links to be updated soon!
"Analytics experts are in very high demand globally, and Business Analytics graduates can start building international careers, having both the scientific knowledge and the hands-on skills."
The graduates will
- Be able to choose and deploy the relevant analytics theories and methods and they have gained experience in using tools and environments for solving real-life analytics problems.
- Be able to search for, gather and create research data and produce research reports based on scientific conduct in multi-disciplinary settings and different empirical contexts.
- Have teamwork and project-based collaboration competencies, be able to solve problems for and with external stakeholders, and have good communication skills.
As we live in a world overwhelmed with information and data, we need the appropriate skills and abilities to manage and utilise these resources. The graduates of this programme will be well-equipped to confront a changing world and take on its challenges and opportunities. They will be able to use the methods and tools they have acquired in the programme in real-world business, industrial and other organisational contexts.
A business analyst graduate will understand data acquisition and management and demonstrate how to deploy information for business development end execution, optimisation and decision-making.
A data engineer graduate will be able to manage the gathering, organisation and mining of data. The graduate will know how to acquire and manipulate data for development, optimisation and deployment.
An information analyst graduate will understand data acquisition and management and demonstrate how to develop, deploy and make use of information systems for understanding and improving processes and organisational dynamics.
The University of Oulu is extremely well-positioned in offering this programme. The university is world-renowned for its leading research in information and communication technologies and the Oulu Business School responsible for the programme is an AACSB-accredited institution, which is one of the most significant recognitions given to learning institutions in this field.
The University of Oulu is home to trail-blazing research in past, present and future wireless communication technologies, including 5G and beyond with its 6G Flagship programme. The university is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence research and its various fields, such as machine learning and data mining. The Oulu area is also a major high-tech hub with a heavy industry presence in technology, and many start-ups have spun off of university research.
The university provides students with a highly respected education that is built on expertise in how to utilize digital data for business development and execution needs. The combination of strengths creates a unique learning experience for Business Analytics students.
The graduates can work both as individual business analysis and development experts and act as competent members in analytics teams of small and medium-size companies, public organizations and global corporations. Entrepreneurship is also a realistic opportunity for the graduates, based on the combined skills that they acquire in the program and the rapidly growing needs for data-driven business analytics services and solutions.
Science with Arctic attitude
We are pioneers in creating and understanding our digital future. Every day, 2.6 billion people use technology developed in Oulu.