Ready to join us in autumn 2022?
Financial and Management Accounting
Financial and Management Accounting, Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration) (2 years)
- An internationally comparable degree in Economics and Business Administration from an AACSB accredited business school, that enables you to apply for work within the EU and globally
- Specialises in financial or management accounting
- Gives in-depth knowledge in areas such as financial analysis, firm valuation, auditing and assurance, and cost accounting in a changing world
The International Master’s Programme in Financial and Management Accounting (FMA) is a two-year programme on analyzing accounting information of the firm for internal and external decision-making. In particular, FMA gives you expertise and core competence on the following topics:
- Financial analysis and firm valuation
- International financial reporting
- Corporate governance
- Auditing and assurance
- Fundamental equity investment analysis
- Cost accounting
- Management control
- Capital expenditures
- Globally responsible business
Studying in the FMA programme includes real-life projects, case studies and strong connections with the business community. Our courses are lectured by our own professors, guest professors from other university worldwide and high-profile business people to ensure that students will get a diversified perspective on current issues in accounting.
The FMA programme is one of several international Master’s programmes provided at Oulu Business School. Students are allowed to take courses from all these programmes. Studying at OBS is a genuinely multicultural experience, as international degree students, exchange students from all over the world, and of course Finnish students are attending the courses of the FMA programme. Students in the programme can also join an exchange programme with another university.
The FMA programme gives students the abilities and knowledge to pursue their academic careers further, if they so choose. Whether students aim at pursuing an academic career or working in the industry after finishing their studies, they will be well-prepared for both options.
"The programme has taught me to skillfully diagnose and evaluate various problems global enterprises are facing in the field."
Possible job titles for graduates include:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Financial Analyst
Students applying for the programme must possess an applicable B.Sc. degree in one of the following fields of study: business studies, social sciences, education, natural sciences, mathematics, or engineering.