Professor, MD, PhD.
Sinikumpu (MD, PhD) is Professor in Pediatric Surgery. He is the leader and founder of Oulu Childhood Fracture and Sports Injury Study Group. He is the co-leader of Pediatric Surgery Research Group, together with Professor Willy Serlo. He is the member of international Pediatric Sports Injury Group. He has been the main supervisor of 1 completed doctoral dissertation and 1 more is due to Dec/2020. Other 4 dissertations are under preparation. He has been the opponent and reviewed 2 dissertations. He has supervised 11 Master’s thesis (MD). Sinikumpu is the Assistant Editor of Scand. J. Surg. He is the member of editorial board of J. Child. Orthop. He is the member of European Pediatric Surgeons' Association (EUPSA), European Pediatric Orthopedic Society (EPOS), Finnish Soc. of Surgeons, Finnish Soc. of Pediatric Surgeons, Finnish Soc. of Pediatric Orthopedics (vice-chair) and Finnish Orthop. Society. Sinikumpu is 1 out of 5 official national examiners of Pediatric Surgery specialty (post-graduate degree) in Finland.
- Fractures and Sport Injuries in Children
- Pediatric Surgery and Orthopaedics
- Congenital Disorders
- Prenatal and Early Risk Factors of Surgical Conditions
- Surgical Treatment and Operative Methods
- Short- and Long-Term Outcomes
- Background Factors
- Life-long Health, since Pregnancy
- New Implant Materials in Pediatric Surgery
- Innovative Treatment and Follow-Up Methods
- Pediatric Wound (trauma- or surgery-related)
Opponent and Reviewer of Doctoral Dissertations
Opponent for one dissertation (University of Turku) and reviewer for two academic dissertation (University of Helsinki and University of Turku).
International scientific collaboration
- European Pediatric Surgical Association (EUPSA) (full member)
- European Pediatric Orthopaedic Society (EPOS) (full member)
- External peer-reviewer of the international scientific foundation (Switzerland).
- Reviewer for several international periodicals in the field of pediatric surgery and orthopaedics.
- Organizing academic friendship clinic program with dr. Justus Lieber, Germany.
- Research collaboration with the peers e.g. in Belgium, England, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Spain and Switzerland.
Professional and community activities
- Full Member, European Pediatric Surgeons' Association EUPSA
- Full Member, European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society EPOS
- Vice-Chair, Finnish Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Finnish Society of Pediatric Surgeons (Sulamaa-seura)
- Member, Finnish Society of Surgeons
- Member, Finnish Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Assistant Editor, Journal Officer, Scandinavian Journal of Surgery, since 2013
- Leader and Founder, Oulu Childhood Fracture and Sports Injury Study Group.
- co-Leader, Pediatric Surgery Study Group
- Official member of the international research group, EPOS Sport Group (European Pediatric Orthopaedic Society)
- Member, Finnish Paediatric Orthopaedic Study Group.
Principal supervisor for:
Paediatric forearm fractures with special reference on operatively treated shaft fractures and ulna styloid process nonunion.
University of Oulu Graduating School (2020). Acta Ouluensis.
Principal supervisor for:
The Intrauterine and Genetic Factors Associationg to the Childhood Fracture Risk.
University of Oulu Graduating School (review finished in September, 2020; dissertation is due December 2020)
Official Principal Supervisor of three other doctoral dissertations under preparation (University of Oulu Graduating School). One of these is expected to be finished in year 2021.
Official Sencondary Supervisor of one multi-disciplinary doctoral dissertation in the field of pediatric surgery and radiology, under preparation (University of Oulu Graduating School).
Principal supervisor of several finished (11) and on-going undergraduate thesis.