Pekka M. Rossi
Pekka M. Rossi has a 10 years’ experience on groundwater resources management and water supply studies. Rossi is concentrating in his studies on groundwater-surface water interactions, water supply questions, integrated management and different water quality/quantity monitoring methods. He has a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary research collaborating e.g. with sociology, ecology, and geology. Rossi has published 29 international publications, is co-supervising 4 PhD students and 5-10 master’s thesis yearly. He has been involved in several international projects and he is currently researcher in e.g. in ON-SITE and SUPER projects.
- Vystavna, Y.; Schmidt, S.I.; Diadin, D.; Rossi, P.M.; Vergeles, Y.; Erostate, M.; Yermakovych, I.; Yakovlev, V.; Knöller, K.; Vadillo, I. (2019) Multi-tracing of recharge seasonality and contamination in groundwater: A tool for urban water resource management. - Water research 161, 413-422 . [Original]
- Isokangas, Elina; Davids, Corine; Kujala, Katharina; Rauhala, Anssi; Ronkanen, Anna-Kaisa; Rossi, Pekka M. (2019) Combining unmanned aerial vehicle-based remote sensing and stable water isotope analysis to monitor treatment peatlands of mining areas. - Ecological engineering 133, 137-147 . [Original]
- Jaros, Anna; Rossi, Pekka M.; Ronkanen, Anna-Kaisa; Kløve, Bjørn (2019) Parameterisation of an integrated groundwater-surface water model for hydrological analysis of boreal aapa mire wetlands. - Journal of hydrology 575, 175-191 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Isokangas, Elina; Rossi, Pekka M.; Ronkanen, Anna-Kaisa; Marttila, Hannu; Rozanski, Kazimierz; Klöve, Björn (2017) Quantifying spatial groundwater dependence in peatlands through a distributed isotope mass balance approach. - Water resources research 53 (3), 2524–2541 . [Original]
- Klöve, Björn; Kvitsand, Hanne Margrethe Lund; Pitkänen, Tarja; Gunnarsdottir, Maria J.; Gaut, Sylvi; Gardarsson, Sigurdur M.; Rossi, Pekka M.; Miettinen, Ilkka (2017) Overview of groundwater sources and water-supply systems, and associated microbial pollution, in Finland, Norway and Iceland. - Hydrogeology Journal 25 (4), 1033-1044 . [Original]
- Rantala, Lauri; Sarkki, Simo; Karjalainen, Timo P.; Rossi, Pekka M. (2017) How to Earn the Status of Honest Broker? Scientists’ Roles Facilitating the Political Water Supply Decision-Making Process. - Society & natural resources 30 (10), 1288–1298 . [Original]
- Rossi, Pekka; Marttila, Hannu; Jyväsjärvi, Jussi; Ala-aho, Pertti; Isokangas, Elina; Muotka, Timo; Klöve, Björn (2015) Environmental conditions of boreal springs explained by capture zone characteristics. - Journal of hydrology 531 (Part 3), 992-1002 . [Original]
- Ala-aho, Pertti; Rossi, Pekka Matias; Isokangas, Elina; Klöve, Björn (2015) Fully integrated surface-subsurface flow modelling of groundwater-lake interaction in an esker aquifer: Model verification with stable isotopes and airborne thermal imaging. - Journal of hydrology 522, 391-406
- Jyväsjärvi, Jussi; Marttila, Hannu; Rossi, Pekka M.; Ala-Aho, Pertti; Olofson, Bo; Nisell, Jakob; Backman, Birgitta; Ilmonen, Jari; Virtanen, Risto; Paasivirta, Lauri; Britschgi, Ritva; Klöve, Björn; Muotka, Timo (2015) Climate-induced warming imposes a threat to North European spring ecosystems. - Global Change Biology 21 (2), 4561-4569 . [Original]
- Rossi, Pekka M.; Ala-aho, Pertti; Doherty, John; Klöve, Björn (2014) Impact of peatland drainage and restoration on esker groundwater resources : modeling future scenarios for management. - Hydrogeology Journal 22 (5), 1131-1145 . [Original]
- Rossi, Pekka M.; Ala-aho, Pertti; Ronkanen, Anna-Kaisa; Klöve, Björn (2012) Groundwatersurface water interaction between an esker aquifer and a drained fen. - Journal of hydrology 432-433, 52-60 .