PhD, Adjunct Professor
My general field of research is multimodal social interaction in different types of everyday situations, ranging from foraging activities to interactions in class or at home. I examine how discourse participants deploy language, embodiment, artefacts and their surrounding context in the construction of actions and activities. In some of my research it is also relevant to examine how participants' actions in situ are influenced by their personal histories and discourses circulating the setting. I draw on conversation analysis, interactional linguistics and nexus analysis in my research.
- multimodal social interaction
- language learning and teaching
- Keisanen, Tiina, Mirka Rauniomaa & Pauliina Siitonen (2017). Transitions as sites of socialization in family interaction outdoors. Learning, Culture and Social Interaction 14: 24–37.
- Siitonen, Pauliina, Tiina Keisanen & Karl-Erik Wahlberg (2017). Problematic responses to a proposal: a cross-method comparison. Communication & Medicine 14 (1): 25–38.
- Haddington, Pentti, Keisanen, Tiina & Rauniomaa, Mirka (2016). Tila ja liike. In Stevanovic, Melisa & Camilla Lindstöm (eds). Keskustelunanalyysi. Kuinka tutkia sosiaalista toimintaa ja vuorovaikutusta, pp. 162-177. Tampere: Vastapaino.
- Kuure, Leena, Molin-Juustila, Tonja, Keisanen, Tiina, Riekki, Maritta, Iivari, Netta, Kinnula, Marianne (2016). Switching perspectives: From a language teacher to a designer of language learning with new technologies. Computer Assisted Language Learning 29: 925–941.
I teach on all levels of basic, intermediate and advanced studies in English Philology, and supervise work on bachelor's, master's and doctoral theses.
Professional and community activities
- Member of the Doctoral Training Committee in Human Sciences, UniOGS
- Member of the Publication Forum panel Linguistics, 2018-2021
- head of research community, principal investigator, COACT
- member, EveLINE
Doctoral theses, ongoing
Marjukka Käsmä (supervisor)
Matti Nikkilä (main supervisor)
Anne Ontero (supervisor)
Riikka Tumelius (supervisor)
Sirpa Vellonen-Myllylä (supervisor)