Collegium: Working group to prepare the selection process for external members of the board
The number of external members will still be five. Four new members will be elected during next year, because the term of office of one current board member ends on 4 September 2023 and the term of the other three on 31 December 2023. The new members will be elected for the term ending on December 31, 2025, when the term of office of the continuing external member Mikko Ayub will also end, as well as the term of all elected members belonging to the university community.
The university collegium decided to appoint a tripartite (2+2+2) working group to prepare the election of board members from outside the university community. Helka-Liisa Hentilä (professor, chair of the collegium), Jouni-Matti Kuukkanen (professor), Juha Ahola (other staff), Jari Laru (other staff), Aku Forsman (student) and Riikka Haataja (student) were appointed to the group.
The selection process will begin in early 2023. The collegium authorised the working group to finalise the request to the university community to propose external members.
There were changes in the composition of the collegium: Student member Niyati Kandikanti has graduated and is therefore no longer a member of the collegium. Aku Forsman will replace him as a full member. Swagata Saha has been elected as Forsman's deputy. Jukka Turunen has graduated, and Emma Hulkkonen will take his place. Lotta Nikunen has been elected Hulkkonen's deputy.
In addition, the university collegium
- authorized the chair of the collegium to hold discussions with the auditors in accordance with the Auditing Act and good auditing practice and, if necessary, to give the auditors the special instructions required for the task of the university collegium
- marked for information greetings from the Ministry of Education and Culture's interim review of the performance agreement period 2021–2024
- marked for information the decision of the Chancellor of Justice no. OKV/2933/10/2021 (4 October 2022) regarding the selection procedure for the chairmanship of the board of directors of the University of Oulu
- marked its operation schedule for information
- postponed the letter the collegium received from the university's board of directors to be handled later.