GeroNursingCentre (GNC)- OLDER ADULTS’ WELLBEING, FUNCTIONAL ABILITY AND RESTORATIVE CARE
Research group information
Research group leader
- ProfessorMaria Kääriäinen
Research group description
- Functional ability and wellbeing of older adults
- Effectiveness of restorative care and reablement
- Digital technology in care of older adults
- Competence of care providers and their leaders
Research materials include qualitative and quantitative data, and psychometrically tested instruments. The groups uses methods of theory development and testing, interventional studies, systematic reviews, qualitative study with content analysis and psychometrically validated instruments.
The research group is lead by Professor Maria Kääriäinen. The group includes senior and post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates and master students.