Infrastructure and Transport
Research group leader
Research group description
Infrastructure and Transport is one of the research groups of Civil engineering research unit. The group is responsible for teaching and research related to transport systems and infrastructure.
Main research areas include:
- Transport system digitalisation and automation.
- Sustainable transport and resilient infrastructure.
- Life-cycle and asset management.
- Governance systems, technologies and services.
- Economics and finance in transport, including public-private partnerships (PPP).
Our research covers the whole transport system: all modes and all stages of transport system design and development. Application methods include quantitative and qualitative analyses, co-creation with stakeholders and participatory methods. We work with the industry, transport administrations and domestic and international research partners.