Digitalization and smart society
Research from 6G to emotion AI
In wireless communications and 6G technology research, we are pioneering internationally.
In addition to 6G, our research also covers
- virtual reality, VR applications and experiences
- artificial intelligence, including machine vision and its exploitation, e.g. in emotion AI applications and disease analysis
- robotics and its various application areas
- analysis of large amounts of data
- cyber security
- new materials and manufacturing methods of electronics
Our research also engages human sciences in the development of intelligent technologies.
Researchers and projects
Take a look at our researchers and their research topics.
The University of Oulu participates in research collaboration projects of national and international significance. Below you can find information on some research projects.
Coordination and faculties
Multidisciplinary research activities in the research area of digitalization and smart societies are coordinated by the Infotech Oulu. Research is conducted mainly in the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering.