Technology and Natural Sciences Doctoral Programme
Doctoral researchers from the following degree programmes belong to the Doctoral Programme for Technology and Natural Sciences:
- Civil Engineering
- Geosciences and Mining Engineering and Mineral Processing
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy
- Process and Environmental Engineering.
Check the study requirements in your own doctoral degree programme!
TNS-DP activities / courses
- 5.5.2022 Research plan seminar course - program outline, call for abstracts and more information in the link. The general course description here. 1 cr
- 10.-11.5.2022 Manuscript writing for high-quality journals, 2 cr
- 13.-17.6.2022 Fractal intersections, 2 cr
16.6.2022 Water and Diplomacy (WD2022), 1 cr
Autumn 2022 Industrial Engineering and Management, postgraduate course: Industry 4.0 and resilient operations – human and technological factors (NB: course program in the project page). 5 cr
21.9.2022 How to plan and write your research paper, lecture
- 2.-4.11.2022 Kvantum Science Days 2022, applicable for research plan course (1-2 cr). See the general course description here
- 12.-16.12.2022 Water management in agriculture and forestry: focusing on drainage systems. The course leaflet as a PDF file.
- December 2022 Kaamos Symposium. 4 cr
Kvantum Institute is one of the four focus institutes at the University of Oulu. Kvantum supports high-quality research and coordinates multidisciplinary research activities and doctoral training on the University's strategic focus areas Sustainable materials and systems and Changing climate and northern environment.
Doctoral programme coordinator
- Riitta Kamula, riitta.kamula(at)oulu.fi
- Contact for questions related to courses and events organized by the doctoral programme
Graduate school coordinator
- Niina Timosaari-Hyry, niina.timosaari(at)oulu.fi
- Contact for general questions related to doctoral training