Ph.D. (Physics and Materials Science)
Tenure-track Assistant Professor
Jian-An is an expert of nanophotonics and plasmonics and a group leader of the Jianan lab of Nanophotonic Biosensors in University of Oulu. He received a Ph.D. degree on reproducible surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) biosensors from City University of Hong Kong, and worked on scanning near-field optical microscopy and low-dimentional semiconductor photodetectors at University of Hong Kong, and plasmonic nanotechnologies for biosensing at Italian Institute of Technology. His group combines plasmonic nanostructures (nanotube, nanopore, nanopillar) with molecular manipulation methods for single-cell, single-particle and single-molecule biosensing toward digital healthcare and personalized medicine. Jian-An is the Academy Research Fellow (2022-2027) funded by Academy of Finland.
- Y. Zhao et al., Label-Free Optical Analysis of Biomolecules in Solid-State Nanopores: Toward Single-Molecule Protein Sequencing, ACS Photonics 9 (3), 730–742, 2022.
- J.A. Huang* et al., Multiplex characterization of single amino acid residue in polypeptide by single SERS hot spot, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 59, 11423-11431 (2020)
- J.A. Huang et al., SERS Discrimination of Single DNA Bases in Single Oligonucleotides by Electro-plasmonic Trapping, Nature Communications 10, 5321 (2019)
- J.A. Huang et al., On-Demand Intracellular Delivery of Single Particles in Single Cells by 3D Hollow Nanoelectrodes, Nano letters 19 (2), 722–731 (2018)
- Nanophotonics, Plasmonics, Single-molecule Analysis, Single-particle Manipulation
University of Oulu
Aapistie 5A, 90220 OULU