The Jianan Lab of Nanophotonic Biosensors
Research group information
Research group leader
- Tenure-track Assistant ProfessorJian-An Huang
Research group description
The Jianan lab develops optical nanotechnologies for label-free studies of single molecules, single particles and single cells by combining microfluidic molecular manipulation, plasmonic nanostructures and plasmon-enhanced spectroscopy.
We are hiring a 4-year PhD student to develop a Smart Nanopore Biosensor Device for Automatic Selection and Analysis of Single Molecules from Biofluid (SmartPore) under the Good Health and Wellbeing of the I4World program.
The SmartPore project aims to apply the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology to our recent plasmonic nanopores for active feedback control on biomolecule translocation through the nanopores by their resistive pulses and then Raman spectroscopic analysis of the translocated molecules. It is synergy to Jianan's Academy Research Fellow project. The goal is a proof-of-concept demonstration of a high-throughput nanopore device capable of automatic online selection and label-free analysis of single molecules from biofluid mixture.
Applicants should hold a Master’s degree in microelectronics, electrical engineering or similar majors with fluency in English similar to the level of IELTS 6.5 and experience in digital electronic devices. A research plan on the SmartPore project is needed.
If you are interested, please contact Jianan for writing your research plan and apply here by 31 January 2023.
01.12.2022: #Welcome# Welcome Dr. Yang Li to join our group as a visiting research scientist!
21.11.2022: #Welcome# Welcome Xiang An to join our group as a visiting MSc student!
07.11.2022: #Welcome# Welcome Miaomiao Li to join our group as a PhD student!
11.10.2022: #Welcome# Welcome Mulusew Wondie Yaltaye to join our group as a Research Assistant!
- 03.10.2022: #Welcome# Welcome Éva Bozó to join our group as a PhD student!
- 14.09.2022: #Grant# Jian-An is granted the Emerging Projects: Label-free digital Raman assay for quantification of low-abundance biomarkers (DigiRaman)
- 09.09.2022: #Celebrate# Congratulations to the team including Éva Bozó and Xiuli Wang from my group in winning the "Wildest Idea" award in the Innofest 2022 competition by proposing a portable nanopore Raman biosensors for diabetes diagnosis.
- 01.09.2022: #Welcome# Welcome Dr. Esa-Ville Immonen join our group as a postdoc fellow!
- 12.05.2022: #Grant# Jian-An is granted the Academy Research Fellow funding (2022-2027) for single-molecule protein sequencing.
- 01.08.2022: #Welcome# Welcome Joonas Kujala join our group as a research assistant!
- 20.06.2022: #Grant# Jian-An, Yingqi and Simo Saarakkala are granted the PoC funding: Surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) based rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis.
- 30.05.2022: #Welcome# Welcome Zakariya Ait Athmane to join our group as a trainee!
- 08.04.2022: #Welcome# Welcome Dr. Xiuli Wang to join our group as a visiting professor!
- 01.01.2022: #Welcome# Welcome Dr. Yingqi Zhao to join our group as a senor research fellow!
- 11.10.2021: #Celebrate# Jian-an is selected as a member in the Nano Letters Early Career Board.
- 20.08.2021: #Grant# Jian-an got an Tandem Industry Academica (TIA) 2021 grant to develop an wearable lab-on-a-watch optical sensor for sweat diagnosis.
- Jian-An Huang, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Group Leader
- Yang Li, Ph.D., visiting research scientist from Harbin Medical University (China)
- Xiang AN, visiting MSc student from Hefei University of Technology (China)
- Miaomiao Li, M.Sc., Ph.D. student
- Mulusew Wondie Yaltaye, M.Sc., Research Assistant
- Éva Bozó, M.Sc., Ph.D. student
- Esa-Ville Immonen, Ph.D., Postdoc fellow (co-supervised with Prof. Marko Huttula)
- Joonas Kujala, Research Assistant
- Xiuli Wang, Ph.D., visiting professor from Hangzhou Normal University (China)
- Yingqi Zhao, Ph.D., Senor research fellow
Dr. Francesco De Angelis, Italian Institute of Technology (Genova, Italy).
Dr. Michael Chen, The University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, UK).
Dr. Humeyra Caglayan, Tampere University (Tampere, Finland).
Dr. Cuifeng Ying, Nottingham Trent University (Nottingham, UK).
Prof. Linbao Luo, Hefei University of Technology (Hefei, China).
Prof. Xuejin Zhang, Nanjing University (Nanjing, China).
Prof. Xia Yang, Southwest University (Chongqing, China).