Work Placement outside Europe

Degree students (Bachelor or Master) of the University of Oulu can apply for a personal grant for training outside Europe that is a part of their major subject studies. Also practical training in those European countries that are not included in the Erasmus+ program is possible. Amount of the grant is EUR 2 000 € per student in total. When the internship is paid, the university grant is discretionarily granted.


The student is eligible to apply for the grant if:

  • The training duration is at least two months and student receives min. 5 training credits.
  • The training is a part of the degree studies (The contents of the training have been approved by the student’s degree programme).
  • The student is registered active in the university during the internship period.
  • The student will not receive any other financial support for the training from the University of Oulu or other possible instances.
  • The student has not previously completed a training period supported by the University of Oulu (exception Erasmus +program).

Application time

Apply during the application period on January - November 2021  (or as long as the grant remains). This concerns training starting in 2021. The grant will not be awarded retrospectively.

Application process

Application with required enclosures must be submitted in the  SoleMOVE mobility database. Applications will be handled within two weeks. from the submission. Please note that the application must be completed before the actual exchange as the grant will not be awarded after the traineeship has started.

Required application enclosures:

  • Confirmation of Internship (certificate to show that the training will be accredited to the studies) The student must fill in the form and have it undersigned by the person (from the student’s respective major subject) responsible for accrediting the training to the studies.
  • Traineeship Agreement Outside Europe The agreement needs to be signed by all parties.


Grant will be paid in two parts: 80 % in the beginning of the internship period and the rest 20 % after the internship is completed as planned and reported accordingly. The grant will be paid to student bank account after the internship period has started. A prerequisite for the grant is that the student submits a final report in SoleMOVE and  the accrediting of the internship is done within one month after the internship.