Health and Biosciences Doctoral Programme (HBS-DP) gathers clinical medicine, biomedicine, biochemistry, molecular medicine, dentistry, health sciences, medical technology and biology under the umbrella of a multidisciplinary training programme. The programme is a fundamental part of the University strategic research focus area Molecular and environmental basis of life-long health and it will strengthen the systematic and already strong research training and collaboration in this field. The mission of HBS-DP is to provide the doctoral students with an excellent theoretical and practical training upon which they can build their future careers at the highest national and international level. HBS-DP trains scientifically qualified experts for the needs of research and education, health care, public authorities and industry. The field-specific postgraduate training provided by HBS-DP is open to all postgraduate students and researchers. The number of doctoral students is over 500.
HBS-DP Doctoral Degree Programmes:
- Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine
- Health Sciences
- + Occasional students from other University of Oulu Doctoral Degree Programmes
HBS-DP research environment:
- Medical Research Center Oulu (MRC Oulu) is a strategic research organization of the Northern Ostrobothnia Hospital District and the University of Oulu. MRC Oulu offers a multidisciplinary research environment for clinical, translational and health care socioeconomic research. Currently MRC Oulu consists of several different research groups from University of Oulu, Oulu University Hospital, and Oulu University Hospital ERVA-area.
- Biocenter Oulu (BCO) is one of the four University of Oulu focus institutes, the oldest of the Finnish biocenters established in 1986. BCO is a multidisciplinary umbrella organization within the Molecular and environmental basis of life-long health research focus area of the University of Oulu. Most of the current (2016-2019) BCO research groups are working in the Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, in the Faculty of Medicine and the University Hospital. One of the groups is located in the Faculty of Science. The BCO research projects are selected for 4-year terms by external international evaluation.
- HBS-DP coordinator Mirja Peltola, firstname.lastname @oulu.fi
See also the relevant Faculties:
HBS-DP website content:
- HBS-DP Calendar of Events
- HBS-DP News
- HBS Guest Seminar Series
- HBS-DP Research Plan Seminars
- HBS-DP Cooperation
- Info and useful links
- HBS Doctoral Degree Programmes
Last updated: 4.1.2019