Elijah is a Doctoral researcher at Fiber and Particle Engineering Research Unit. He started working in the unit as an Intern in 2014 after which he proceeded with his Master thesis in 2015 in the same unit.
After graduation in 2015, he started as a Doctoral researcher working on the valorisation of industrial residues in alkali activated materials and in hydraulic binder as an alternative to Portland cement.
- Waste recycling
- Alkali activated slags
- Circular economy
- Hybrid cement
- Slag Valorisation Symposium (SVS), Leuven Belgium 2017
- Nordic Recycling Day, Lulea Sweden 2017
- Fibre and Particle Engineering Research Unit
- Adesanya, Elijah; Ohenoja, Katja; Kinnunen, Päivö; Illikainen, Mirja (2017) Alkali activation of ladle slag from steel-making process. - Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy 3 (2), 300-310 . [Original]
- Adesanya, Elijah; Ohenoja, Katja; Kinnunen, Päivö; Illikainen, Mirja (2017) Properties and durability of alkali-activated ladle slag. - Materials and Structures 51 (50), 255 . [Original]
- Adesanya, Elijah; Ohenoja, Katja; Luukkonen, Tero; Kinnunen, Päivö; Illikainen, Mirja (2018) One-part geopolymer cement from slag and pretreated paper sludge. - Journal of Cleaner Production 185, 168-175 . Original: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.03.007. Self-archived: [Original] [Self-archived]
- Nguyen, Hoang; Carvelli, Valter; Adesanya, Elijah; Kinnunen, Päivö; Illikainen, Mirja (2018) High performance cementitious composite from alkali-activated ladle slag reinforced with polypropylene fibers. - Cement and concrete composites 90, 150-160 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Adesanya, Elijah; Sreenivasan, Harisankar; Kantola, Anu M.; Telkki, Ville-Veikko; Ohenoja, Katja; Kinnunen, Päivö; Illikainen, Mirja (2018) Ladle slag cement - Characterization of hydration and conversion. - Construction and building materials 193, 128-134 . [Original]
- Nguyen, Hoang; Adesanya, Elijah; Ohenoja, Katja; Kriskova, Lubica; Pontikes, Yiannis; Kinnunen, Päivö; Illikainen, Mirja (2019) Byproduct-based ettringite binder – A synergy between ladle slag and gypsum. - Construction and building materials 197, 143-151 . [Original]
Alkali activation of Fayalite slag (Co-Supervision)
# In this thesis, alkali activation of fayalite slag was investigated. The slag utilized is a by-product from nickel production. The activation of which resulted in the formation of an inorganic polymer binder of acceptable mechanical properties.
Visiting scholar– 31.1.2017 to 28.4.2017
Catholic University of Leuven
Sustainable Metals Processing and Recycling Unit,
Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering