Distance studies will continue until 31 May 2021 — Recommendation for face masks in public spaces
Following the recommendation of the regional COVID-19 coordination group of Northern Ostrobothnia Medical District, the University of Oulu recommends using a face mask in all public indoor spaces and public events in the Oulu city area from 29 October to 12 November 2020.
The recommendation for use of the face mask applies to all university facilities, but not to situations where a safety distance between 1–2 m can be maintained with certainty or when a person is working alone in his/her own office, for example. The recommendation applies to people over 15 years of age.
University of Oulu recommends that events for more than 20 people will not be held. This applies also to participation in such events. The recommendation will be valid from 29 October to 12 November 2020.
Keep in touch – we are here for you!
We know that distance learning can be challenging, but we can get through these exceptional times together. We offer a wide range of support for studies:
- Tips for studying at home.
- Your personal tutor teacher is your adviser who supports you in matters related to your studies and planning them.
- Academic Affairs Service Teams answer all kinds of questions related to studying and education in their field of education.
- Study psychologists offer guidance on matters pertaining to study skills, time use, coping and stress or performance anxiety, for example.
- Study and career counsellors offer support in matters involving your future path or working life issues.
- You can get help for your health issues and illnesses from FSHS. Also check out the various preventive materials of FSHS and the Self online service.
- Student Union of the University of Oulu OYY offers a wide range of services and counselling for problems in studies and everyday life.